Montenegro Citizenship by Investment
A multicultural European country with a mild Mediterranean climate and a beautiful landscape
Montenegro offers political and economic stability and a business-oriented government.
Invest in the citizenship of a country that is an official EU candidate country
The Montenegrin Citizenship-by-Investment Program was launched to attract more foreign direct investment and increase economic activity in the country.
Applicants to this program are required to make some economic contribution to Montenegrin society through an investment in an approved real estate development project. A capital contribution to a government-designated development fund is also required. In return, after a thorough vetting procedure by the Ministry of Internal Affairs, applicants are given the possibility to apply for the Montenegrin citizenship. Investors can also apply for citizenship for family members, which should make the Montenegrin Citizenship-by-Investment program even more attractive.
The benefits of the Montenegrin citizenship-by-investment program
- Extremely fast procedure: the residence permit is approved within 3 weeks and citizenship within 6 months.
- Minor children of the main applicant will also receive citizenship.
- No language requirements.
- Dual citizenship is allowed by Montenegrin law. There is no obligation to give up on your current nationality.
- Montenegro is a NATO member.
- Montenegro is a candidate country for future enlargement of the European Union. Official entry is expected in 2025.
- The Montenegrin passport offers global mobility with visa-free access to 116 countries.
- Strategic geographic location in Europe with direct access to the Adriatic Sea.
- Porto Montenegro; one of the world's best marinas.
- A fast growing and popular tourist destination.
The requirements for obtaining Montenegrin citizenship through investment
To be eligible for Montenegrin citizenship through an investment, the applicant must meet the following criteria:
- Possessing a valid passport or other foreign travel document.
- Birth certificate for all applicants and marriage certificate.
- Bank statement that proves the legal origin of the invested funds.
- Have no criminal record.
- Health declaration that one is free from transmittable diseases.
Furthermore, the applicant must meet the following minimum investment requirements:
Donation to a government recommended development fund
Applicants must make a donation of €100,000 to a development fund of the Montenegrin government.
Real estate investment
In addition to the donation, applicants must invest in government-approved real estate projects. Depending on where the selected projects are located, applicants can choose from the following investment levels:
A real estate investment of €250,000 in undeveloped regions (mainly in Northern Montenegro), or
A real estate investment of €450,000 in a developed region (especially Southern Montenegro and the popular tourist coastal regions).
The Montenegrin government charges the following administrative costs for the processing of the application file:
€15,000 for the main applicant;
€10,000 per additional family member (up to a maximum of four family members)
€50,000 for each subsequent family member